sábado, 1 de agosto de 2009

"Laura"

Sometimes I teach Spanish at the Brookline library, in Boston. They have a section of withdrawn books for sell, with very cheap prices. Some books are 25 cents, others 50, and the most expensive ones go up to one dollar. Most of them are very old books, but interesting anyway.
I can´t avoid the temptation of buying every time I pass by, and my purchases are always of at least three books… two or three dollars! It´s amazing…
Well, yesterday I was surprised when I found a book called “Laura”. It´s an old book, with very simple covers and no fancy ornaments. So all my attention was caught by the name. I don´t even know the author… but I promise to do some research.
As soon as I got home I started to read it. What was my surprise when I found out that the main character, Laura Hunt, is a woman who lives in New York City and works in the advertising area. Just like me! Well, I´m living in Boston now, but my major is in advertising too!
So far I´m on page 46, but I promise an article here about how the book comes out.
It´s amaizing how many big or small coincidences can be found if you just keep your eyes open and your brain working.

3 comentarios:

  1. en ingles/in english¡¡

    Kind a surprised¡¡¡
    But i liked it¡¡¡

    Me encanta tu blog, escribes muy bien... y como tambien me gusta el ingles pues sin problemas¡¡¡

    Me he hecho seguidor tuyo (y no me hago seguidor de cualquiera) todo un placer¡¡¡
    Pasate por mi blog a escuchar mi programa de radio te estare agradecido:
    republica libertaria de las tortugas


    Si no sabes a quien votar en los premios20blogs en la categoría de música y te gusto mi programa de radio, no dudes en votar por mi¡¡¡

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hola Laura. me dejaste con la intriga de saber quién es el autor. Tengo uan hermana llamada Laura, la más pequeña, es un nombre que siempre pensé poner una hija el día que la tuviera.
    me encantaría que escribieras algo del libro o si conseguís el autor, mejor, a ver si lo consigo.
    Por cierto, estoy visitando blogs del concurso de 20m., fue de esa manera que dí con vos. Quería invitarte a pasar por nuestro sitio, participamos en SOLIDARIOS, y si aún no has emitido tu voto, aqui tienes candidato.
    espero saber pronto algo más de "Laura"...
    Que tengas buena semana.
    Paula y Manuel
    www.elmacarronsolidario.blogspot.com
    ME GUSTA LA SENCILLEZ Y CALIDEZ DE TU BLOG.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Sigamos leyendo mas paginas para saber quien es...

    Besos Laura

    ResponderEliminar